Saturday, September 20, 2008

Elephant Painting


You know, I watched a bear dancing on a friend's blog post recently. So of course, since I can't think of anything else to write about this week, here's my version of our talented animal friends.

The picture was taken at an elephant village in Thailand last spring. I hope he is having as much fun as I do when I draw and paint. However, the point of the post (other than mimicking Maria's since I had no other good ideas) was to remind all those drawing students out there...drawing and painting are LEARNED skills. As much as we (who DO draw and paint regularly) would like to think it's a talent, it's simply the old formula of hard work and practice = success. Some start out at it better than others (like any sport or skill), however, with learning to see, learning to draw what you see and practice, practice, practice...you'll be drawing painting right along with this guy...and probably much, much better, by the way!

No comments:

Road trip 2021

 A picture review of 2021 Sister Trip. As baby of the family, I’ve committed to visiting my three older sisters as often as possible, before...