Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sorrowful Time - Please help me out

My friend of thirty years called this morning to tell me her daughter, Tammy, a beautiful, bright woman committed suicide yesterday. This daughter, the one that shared my birthday, would have been forty-something tomorrow. She was a mom, daughter, granddaughter, stepdaughter, cousin, sister, friend and wife.

We knew she was in emotional as well as physical pain these past couple years and her mom, my friend, tried tirelessly to help her. Financially, emotionally, physically...whatever it took, Linda was there. This while working full-time and most times overtime to meet her own financial obligations. All the while helping to take care of her sick, ninety-year-old mom and stroke-victim husband (he's in a nursing home).

So please help me out here...take a minute and pay homage to this woman. Say a prayer, light a candle, make a wish on a star that her life be a bit easier for her. She's heading toward the funeral home now to make arrangements for Tammy's services. Please give her strength...let her remember Tammy's light, laugh, spunk and love. Let her see and hold Tammy in her grandchildren...let Tammy's kids see her in their grandma's eyes and feel her love in their grandma's hugs.

No comments:

Road trip 2021

 A picture review of 2021 Sister Trip. As baby of the family, I’ve committed to visiting my three older sisters as often as possible, before...