Saturday, January 2, 2010

I love this time of year!

Steven Heller has a great article in December's AIGA about the origins of Santa Claus. Since my grandchildren are becoming very aware of the old bearded gent, I found this article (a reminder to all of us who have studied advertising design history) interesting and thought-provoking. He takes us through a quick history of the popular icons of Christmas and their origins.

Thought all might find interesting where some of our current customs originated. Click on I love...and check it out!

Peace!

1 comment:

Maria H. Andersen said...

Glad to see you're blogging again Nancy, I missed your insights into the world. Peace!

Road trip 2021

 A picture review of 2021 Sister Trip. As baby of the family, I’ve committed to visiting my three older sisters as often as possible, before...