Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A continuation

In Buddha's life, according to the Dahli Lama's book I'm currently studying, there were three stages that brought him to enlightenment.

1) Morality
2) Concentrated meditation
3) Wisdom

Each stage takes a significant amount of time to develop and must be undertaken in order. Any progress on this particular road depends on the development of morality as it's base.

Hmmm...so what is morality? "The main principle of Buddhist morality is to help others and, if that is not possible, at least to do no harm," the Dahli Lama wrote. He goes on to explain this is practiced by refraining from physical and verbal actions that cause harm.

I like this guy! I am starting to feel at home here...I'll cover more later in the week. Again, trying to do this daily, but sometimes, life just gets in the way.

No comments:

Road trip 2021

 A picture review of 2021 Sister Trip. As baby of the family, I’ve committed to visiting my three older sisters as often as possible, before...