Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Ten Nonvirtures



And help I got...the Dalai Lama speaks about the ten nonvirtures in the next paragraph. By being aware of and abandoning these, we can then start on the path of "doing no harm."

These nonvirtues include the physical...killing, stealing and sexual misconduct...the verbal...lying, divisive talk, harsh speech and senseless chatter...the mental...covetousness, harmful intent and wrong views.

He goes on to say, "Since motivation precedes and drives actions, controlling it is the best way to prevent impulsive and possibly abusive physical and verbal actions." Hmmm...the key word for me here is impulsive... reflect more and react less.


As I was contemplating what to write about this morning, here are some pictures of winter in West Michigan. Beautiful, isn't it!

No comments:

Road trip 2021

 A picture review of 2021 Sister Trip. As baby of the family, I’ve committed to visiting my three older sisters as often as possible, before...